Catchment / Environment / Wildlife Groups
- Bayside Creeks Catchment Group
- Brisbane Catchments Network
- Bulimba Creek Catchment Coordinating Committee
- Centenary and District Environment Action
- Cubberla Witton Catchments Network
- Friends of Oxley Creek Common
- Healthy Land and Water (new organisation, merger of the former Healthy Waterways and SEQ Catchments)
- Kedron Brook Catchment Network
- Mangrove Watch
- Moggill Creek Catchment Group
- Mt Gravatt Environment Group
- Oxley Creek Catchment Association
- Pullen Pullen Catchments Group
- Queensland Water and Land Carers
- Save Our Waterways Now
- Wildlife Preservation Society of Queensland
- Wolston and Centenary Catchments
Brisbane City Council
The Habitat Brisbane program helps community groups restore natural habitats in parks, remnant bushland, wetlands and along waterways.
Brisbane’s two environment centres at Boondall Wetlands and Downfall Creek encourage guided walks and activities in the environment with various free and low cost activities.
Wildlife Conservation Partnership Program
The Wildlife Conservation Partnership Program helps and advises private property owners on revegetation, local flora and fauna species and how to conserve and restore wildlife habitat on their land.
Creek Catchments Program
The Creek Catchment program helps the community protect and restore Brisbane's waterways and bays in partnership with the 10 catchment groups city wide.
Scroll down the page "Brisbane's Creeks and Rivers" to find out which catchment you are in, on an interactive map
Information about your local creek.
Department of Environment and Heritage Qld Wetlands Info
Department of Environment and Heritage Managing Water Quality
Department of Agriculture and Fisheries List of Restricted Invasive Plants (formerly "Declared Weeds")
Resources for bush regeneration/ecological restoration
SEQ Catchments Ecological Restoration Framework Excellent publication; the Manual in particular explains lots of useful techniques.
List of Botanical Databases from the Australian National Botanic Gardens
Creeks and Catchments 24 informative posters about waterways and erosion control by engineer Grant Witheridge
Bushcarers SEQ Community Facebook Group for everyone involved in bushcare - ask to join!