Riding bikes along the creek - sounds like fun, but there's a lot of vegetation there that is pretty important. Our bushcarer at Heath Park noticed some damage to mangroves and shrubs at Heath Park due to people creating their own bike path. Some local liaison was done and Council has been very supportive by providing signage to remind bike riders to keep off the vegetation that is right on the creek bank. Thanks!
Heath Park Bushcare News
- New signage close to vegetation New signage close to vegetation
- Saltmarsh plant Einadia hastata Saltmarsh plant Einadia hastata
- Native groundcovers and marine couch Native groundcovers and marine couch
- Warrigal greens and a succulent saltmarsh species Warrigal greens and a succulent saltmarsh species
- Native sedges in the drainage ditch Native sedges in the drainage ditch
- Useful habitat beside the mangroves Useful habitat beside the mangroves
- Native saltmarsh plant Native saltmarsh plant
- Another saltmarsh plant - any ID suggestions? Another saltmarsh plant - any ID suggestions?