N4C celebrated its 20th Anniversary at the Family Fun Day. It was great to welcome catchment residents, volunteers past and present, and representatives of various levels of government. Gecko's wildlife, Dennis Dugan and the Brisbane Ukelele Music Society CAGE provided the entertainment. Jagera elder Uncle Bob Anderson did the welcome to country for us, and spoke movingly about each person's individual connection to the land.
Our Vice-President Damien Madden gave an account of the history of N4C, as he is also celebrating his 20th anniversary as a driving force in N4C. Margie Milgate is also celebrating 20 years of involvment. Greenslopes State Member Joe Kelly, Federal Member for Griffith Terri Butler and N4C past president Mick Petter reminded us of the important reasons why we need catchment groups, and Oxley Creek Catchment Association President Lynn Whitfield offered her congratulations as well. A bratwurst barbecue, Muooz Eritrean restaurant and the Fun Day cafe provided the food.
Thanks to all who helped make the day a success:
- the organising committee including Damien Madden, Margie Milgate, Karen Cipressi and myself Stephanie Ford
- Uncle Bob Anderson, Jagera elder
- Greenslopes State Member Joe Kelly, Federal Member for Griffith Terri Butler, State Member for South Brisbane and Deputy Premier Jackie Trad, Councillor for Holland Park Krista Adams
- Gecko's Wildlife, Musician Dennis Dugan and the Brisbane Ukelele Music Society CAGE
- stallholders including Muooz African restaurant, Santi and Camilla's Coffee and Cakes, Karen's Upcycled Furniture, Michelle's Retro, St Luke's Cakes and Craft, Stephanie's Super Heroes' Face Painting, Kory's bags and earrings
- Michael Thorley and BCC's Creek Catchment Program for assistance with marquees and display boards
- Graham Jurott and Michael Thorley for taking photos
- and above all, N4C members who put so much into the day including Tim and Paul in the nursery, Will and Lorna on the barbecue, Fran, Deb and Sue on the bushcare stall, Richard, Sue, Paul and Roger helping everywhere. If I've forgotten someone please let me know!